Sunday, January 27, 2008

Introduction and A Snow Day

For some reason I never thought I would start a blog....but here I go. A little bit about me.



My name is Gloria and I live on the southern coast of Oregon in the town of Coos Bay. I've been here for about 5 years now. Keith and I moved up here from Santa Rosa, CA after making a 3 year pit stop in Arcata, CA, where I went to college at Humboldt State University in Natural Resources - Forestry. I currently work as a forester out in the woods east of Coos Bay. I have two dogs, which makes this a family of four, two dogs and two people. They have inspired the name for my blog and my etsy shop, where I sell photographs of what I see in nature.



I woke up this morning to find it snowing quite a bit, nickle size flakes. I think we got at least an inch. For some folks this is nothing but for us coasties this is a big deal. It may snow once maybe twice a year down next to the coast but usually up in the mountains east of here. Today it was snowing on the beach. I snapped off a shot at my Douglas-fir tree out in the garden. Check it out! I'll be putting this image on my etsy shop. Please jump over and see all my images available. Take care until next time.




No comments: