Friday, June 20, 2008

Clouds and Light

A couple of weeks ago, I was playing with my dog Dozer around six o'clock until I happen to look up. There was crescent shaped rainbow directly right above us. Oh my goodness! I yelled and pointed for Keith as I ran in the house for my camera. All I could hear from him was, "Hurry, I see it !! If you wait fifteen minutes, the weather is going to change and fast (a saying I've heard from natives here in Oregon). They're not kidding either.

This going to be hard to explain so bear with me:

This is a crescent shape rainbow right above us. There's a thin layer of clouds. I look towards the sun and there's a band of light in a full circle, parallel to the horizon but further up. There are two twin sun spotlights (looks just light the sun but dimmer in the clouds at a 90 degree angle from the sun on a north and south bearing. This is the only way I can explain it, scientific. Here's a handful of photographs of the rainbow.

The darker images are from reducing light exposure in the camera.

Dark Side of the Rainbow












Rainbow in the Dark











Among the Clouds



Spectrum



I haven't named all of these photographs yet but I'm sure I'll figure something out. If you would like to purchase any of these images please email me at foresterchick@hotmail.com.


They are for sale at http://TwoDogGardens.etsy.com/.


3 comments:

Frau Zinnie said...

Holy cow that is so AWESOME!!!!

Judi FitzPatrick said...

Fantastic, thanks for sharing the pics and the science with us.

lovemaryxoxo said...

How pretty!