Monday, March 3, 2008

Tulips

My tulips are starting to shot up green blooms which will turn to bright colors in the next couple of weeks. I so excited, this is the start of gardening season. Which is my favorite time of the year. Beautiful flowers and lots of sunshine:)

Here's my first tulip of the year!

Tulips have a special meaning for me. They were my grandfathers favorite flower. When he passed away 4 years ago. The family tried to find tulips for his funeral and during that time of the year the tulips were finished blooming. We could only find a few. So to make up for it, I bought tulips for my garden so every year he would have tulips to see.
Here's a few pics of my tulips from years past. Enjoy!!








2 comments:

Regina said...

Beautiful! My daffodils are out of the ground, but so far we have a crocus or two and that is the only color around. I can't wait until things start coming to life in the garden.

kittenskorner said...

These pics make me wish I had a yard so I could grow such lovely things! *le sigh* ;)