Friday, February 22, 2008

Gardening in the Late Winter

I live in the southwestern end of the Pacific Northwest. We receive between 60-90 inches a year of precipitation. It's warm ans wet in the fall, cold, wet and sometimes snow in January and then things begin to change. Late winter is an interesting part of of the season. It still hasn't decided what to do yet, progress towards spring or stay as winter. Lately though, the sun is trying to share her warmth and I'll get the opportunity to start doing some late winter/I want it to be spring gardening. From pruning trees to transplanting strawberries, I'm busy while the weather is good.

This last Tuesday I drove down to Humboldt State University in Arcata,CA. Winding through forest and ocean views I managed to take some shots whenever there was a pocket of sunlight bursting through the fog. Here's a nice shot I got heading out to the beach in Ophir for a driving break.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, what a lovely shot. Here in New England I can related to being itchy for wanting it to be spring, and I am impatient to start my gardening. For now, I'll live vicariously through you!