Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My Trip to Multnomah Falls and Columbia Gorge

This last March, I got to visit Multnomah Falls for the second time in my life. A very spectacular area just adjacent to the Columbia River on the Oregon side. My friend Delos and I hiked the path from the bottom up to the top which was about 600 feet in one mile. I think about 3/4ths of the way up, I started to wonder if I'll ever make to the top. I stopped many times to take pictures. This is the tallest waterfall I believe I've ever seen in my life so far:)

Please enjoy the pics and if you think you might want a copy of one for yourself, just go to http://twodoggardens.com/multnomah_falls.html for your choice.

Here's just a few of my favorites, starting from the bottom and heading up.


This is pretty much the entire Multnomah Falls, this was taken from the parking lot. The only way to get the whole thing!



Base - This is the last part of falls before turning back into a creek and heading out to the Columbia River.


Lower Multnomah Falls, you can see towards the top the first of two falls. I focused on the second (lower) fall.




Among the Trees- Mid falls surrounded by trees.



Above the Falls- This is the creek that feeds Multnomah Falls.

Here's one of those rare pics of me:) Delos took it, thanks D!
Here's one right back at Delos. We needed photographic proof that we made it up to the top!



This is what it looks like looking down. Oh, vertigo!! The trees in the upper right corner are 100' tall trees.
All of these photographs are for sale in various forms. http://twodoggardens.com/index.html

No comments: