Saturday, April 12, 2008

Walking on Winchester Trail

The weather picked up this weekend. Sunny and in the 70's. Whohoo!! I took Friday afternoon off to enjoy the spectacular weather on the coast. So the dogs and I ventured over to a local trail in the Coos County Forest between Coos Bay and Bandon, Oregon. Of course I took my camera along to see what the forest has to show off on such a spring day.




Full Sail- White Trillium, woodland flower.


Dozer



Unknown woodland flower ( I haven't named the image yet either)




Dozer and Lacy




Skunk Cabbage - water loving woodland plant, always pops in the spring season around creeks.





Sword Fern - The most common fern in the Pacific Northwest forest. I borrow this plant's stable roots and stem to help get me up the hill slope througout my work day out in the woods (between 70-80 percent slope).

Dozer's ready to keep walking:)

1 comment:

Clementine said...

I found your blog on the etsy forums, I love your dog rescue stories! Lovely shop too.